C# 7 and .NET Core Cookbook: I have recently published a book on C# 7 that takes a look at the new features in C# 7.0 as well as a host of other goodies for your developer palate.
C# 7 and .NET Core Cookbook
It takes a look at all of the awesome new features in C# 7 (covering 60 pages of the book). There are some other nice goodies in there such as how to write diagnostic analyzers, exploring .NET Core 1.1, creating an ASP.NET Core application using the MVC framework, creating mobile apps with Cordova as well as creating native iOS applications using Visual Studio for Mac. The last chapter looks at Serverless Computing and what that means. I show you how to create an Azure Function, how to use AWS and S3 and hot off the press from Amazon, using C# Lambda Functions with AWS.
What you will learn
- Writing better and less code to achieve the same result as in previous versions of C#
- Working with analyzers in Visual Studio 2017
- Working with files, streams, and serialization
- Writing high-performant code in C# and understanding multi-threading
- Demystifying the Rx library using Reactive extensions
- Exploring .Net Core 1.1 and ASP.NET MVC
- Securing your applications and learning new debugging techniques
- Designing and building a microservice architecture
- Using Azure and AWS for serverless computing with C#
I would like to thank Packt and their team for all the help and support throughout the writing process. I especially want to thank Nitin, Vikas and Madhunikita for their effort, support, work and dedication to this project.