Enter to Win a copy of my new book
.NET Core 2.0 – Jas Rademeyer and I have recently published C# 7 and .NET Core 2.0 Blueprints. Leverage the features of C# 7 and .NET core 2.0 to build real-world .NET core applications. The book contains easy-to-follow real-world projects that get you up and running with the new features of C# 7 and .NET Core 2.0. These practical applications will assist you with concepts such as Entity Framework Core, serverless computing, and more in .NET Core 2.0. I also take a look at OAuth concepts and building ASP.NET Core applications using MongoDB.
How to win a copy!
3 Lucky readers will win an copy of the the C# 7 and .NET Core 2.0 Blueprints ebook. Winning is easy.
Just enter the Rafflecopter competition! Also have a look at some of my other publications.
C# 7 and .NET Core 2.0 Blueprints
As many of you might know, .NET Core is a general purpose, modular, cross-platform, and open source implementation of .NET. With the latest release of .NET Core 2.0, many more APIs are expected to show up, which will make APIs consistent across .Net Framework, .NET Core, and Xamarin. This step-by-step guide will teach you the essential .NET Core 2.0 and C# concepts with the help of real-world projects.
The book starts with a brief introduction to the latest features of C# 7 and .NET Core. It then moves on to explain how C# 7 can be implemented using the object-oriented paradigm. You’ll learn to work with relational data using Entity Framework and see how to use ASP.NET Core practically. This book will show you how .NET Core allows the creations of cross-platform applications.
You’ll also learn about SignalR to add real-time functionality to your application. Then you will see how to use MongoDB and how to implement MongoDB into your applications. You’ll learn about serverless computing and OAuth concepts, along with running ASP.NET Core applications with Docker Compose.
This project-based guide uses practical applications to demonstrate these concepts. By the end of the book, you’ll be proficient in developing applications using .NET Core 2.0.
What you can expect to learn
- How to incorporate Entity Framework Core to build ASP .NET Core MVC applications
- Get hands-on experience with SignalR, and NuGet packages
- Working with MongoDB in your ASP.NET Core MVC application
- Implementing Azure Functions and learn what Serverless computing means
- See how .NET Core enables cross-platform applications that run on Windows, macOS and Linux
- Running a .NET Core MVC application with Docker Compose
Who is this book for?
This book is for .NET developers who would like to master and implement C# 7 and .NET Core 2.0 with practical projects. Basic knowledge of .NET Core and C# is assumed.
Table of contents
- eBook Manager and Catalog App
- Cricket Score Calculator and Tracker
- Cross Platform .NET Core System Info Manager
- Task Bug logging ASP .NET Core MVC app
- ASP.NET SignalR Chat Application
- Web Research Tool with Entity Framework Core
- A Serverless email validation Azure Function
- Twitter Clone using Oauth
- Using Docker and ASP.NET Core