Windows 8 dev… Have you every wanted to try it? With so many resources online (due in part to a huge push by Microsoft), you have a wealth of information at your fingertips. A good starting place is the following article by Mickey MacDonald. He talks about creating a Windows 8 app in just 24 hours using Blend (without having any prior experience with Blend). Have a look at his post surrounding the development of his ‘Cookie Fortune’ app.
Tom Clifton then describes why he wanted to dual boot Windows 8 and shows us just how to do it. So if you want to try out Windows 8, you can always dual boot it before taking the plunge of using a new OS. (Others out there can afford to go all in)
Then The Next Web reports on a study that found Internet Explorer 10 blocking malware better than other browsers. Sean Sexton also talks about using the Generic Stack Class. Lastly, go ahead and take a look at one of my favourite blogs out there, James Michael Hare’s site is a gem chock and block full of excellent content. Do yourself a favour and check out his Little Wonders series. It is well worth the read.
Have a great day today! Here is The (slightly different) Daily Six Pack!
Feature link: Windows 8 Dev
- How Blend made creating a Windows 8 app in 24 hours easy, Mickey MacDonald
- Creating a Dual-Boot System With Windows 8, Tom Clifton
- Latest study finds IE10 is better at blocking malware than Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Opera, TNW
- Using the Generic Stack Class, Sean Sexton
- Microsoft confirms Windows 8.1 (Blue) Availability and Pricing, Kunal Chowdhury
- Ready to learn XAML?, Jerry Nixon
For more excellent content, please visit
- James Michael Hare
- Interesting Finds by Jason Haley
- The Dev Box by Janes Oosthuizen
- Dew Drop by Alvin Ashcraft
- Regular Geek by Robert Diana
- chodounsky.net by Jakub Chodounsky