Ajax Control Toolkit release for July brings performance improvements to the fore. This July release of the Ajax Control Toolkit introduces Control Bundles. To take advantage of this and other performance features, you need to do two things. Create an AjaxControlToolkit.config file to list all the controls used on your site and you have to register the AjaxControlToolkit.CombineScriptsHandler in the web.config file. Read more in the featured link below.
James Michael Hare talks about getting caller information in his excellent C#/.NET Little Wonders post. To view this series in total, see the collection here. I suggest you bookmark this page. It does come in handy more often than you may think.
Welcome to a new week folks. May it be a successful one for you. Here is The Daily Six Pack!
Feature link: Ajax Control Toolkit
- July 2013 Release of the Ajax Control Toolkit, Stephen Walther
- Custom Exceptions Should Be Marked as Serializable, Sean Sexton
- Windows Features Blank on Windows 8, jhealy
- What’s New in the Visual Studio 2013 IDE, Cathy Sullivan
- C#/.NET Little Wonders: Getting Caller Information, James Michael Hare
- IE11 Developer Preview for Windows 7: Enabling Next Generation Sites and Apps – Faster, Sandeep Singhal and Rob Mauceri
For more excellent content, please visit
- James Michael Hare
- Interesting Finds by Jason Haley
- The Dev Box by Janes Oosthuizen
- Dew Drop by Alvin Ashcraft
- Regular Geek by Robert Diana
- chodounsky.net by Jakub Chodounsky