Welcome to the start of your weekend. Before the go-slow starts, have a short break and check out Jesse Liberty’s post on Windows 8 Store Apps versus WPF Applications. Next up, Kunal Chowdhury give us a great tip for Silverlight and detecting network connectivity.
For those that develop for Android, Rob Hinds builds an RSS reader. Steve St. Jean then shows us how to create an offline installer for Visual Studio from a Web Installer (nice tip there) and Adam Gallant gives us a nice feature summary of the Visual Studio 2012 Update 2.
That’s it for this working week. I’ll see you guys tomorrow, so have an excellent Friday. Here is The Daily Six Pack!
- Enable Tracing Logs with Coded UI Test (CUIT) in Visual Studio 2012, Gouri Sohoni
- Windows 8 Store Applications Vs. WPF Applications, Jesse Liberty
- How to detect in Silverlight whether Network Connection is available?, Kunal Chowdhury
- Building an RSS Reader for Android, Rob Hinds
- Create an offline installer for Visual Studio from a Web Installer, Steve St. Jean
- Features Summary: Visual Studio 2012.2 (or VS 2012 Update 2), Adam Gallant
For more excellent content, please visit
- Interesting Finds by Jason Haley
- The Dev Box by Janes Oosthuizen
- Dew Drop by Alvin Ashcraft
- Regular Geek by Robert Diana
- chodounsky.net by Jakub Chodounsky