Visual Studio 2013 Features have certainly been in the spotlight in the past few weeks. Since the Preview has been released there have been a flurry of blog posts on some of the new shiny things that go bling in the Visual Studio 2013 features universe. Ed Blankenship brings us a great post on some of these new features. Go check them out.
Zain Naboulsi then has a look at CodeLens (also known as Code Information Indicators) in Visual Studio 2013. I have also heard this called the HUD, which is rather exciting for me as a developer. I think that this will be an invaluable feature to Visual Studio.
Then, Taylor Brows talks about a new white paper regarding best practices for virtualizing and managing SQL Server 2012. This should make for some really interesting reading indeed. Lastly, Pinal Dave shares a free cheat sheet for MongoDB, NuoDBand MySQL. Along with the white paper, this is a document I feel every developer needs in their technical library. So download now (hey, it’s free) and add to your Dropbox, SkyDrive or GoogleDrive library.
Have a wonderful Wednesday today. Here is The Daily Six Pack!
Feature link: Visual Studio 2013 Features
- What’s New in Visual Studio 2013 Preview, Ed Blankenship
- .NET Compilation – Part 1: Just-In-Time Compiler, Ilya Verbitskiy
- Visual Studio 2013 Preview: CodeLens aka Code Information Indicators, Zain Naboulsi
- Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5 Expert Development Cookbook, Damir Arh
- SQL – Download Database Cheat Sheet for MongoDB, NuoDB, MySQL for FREE, Pinal Dave
- New White Paper – Best Practices for Virtualizing and Managing SQL Server 2012, Taylor Brown