LinkedIn iOS 8 Widget – So have you installed the iOS 8 widget for LinkedIn? In notification centre, you can now see who has viewed your profile…. or can you? Personally I hope that the app gains more Widget features in future because seeing who viewed my profile is not all that useful to me. The problem however that I can’t even see who viewed my profile because the LinkedIn Widget doesn’t work without following a few steps first.
LinkedIn iOS 8 Widget
So if you installed the widget and you view it in notification centre, you will see that the widget tells you to log in to see who has viewed your profile.
Ok, so there is nothing wrong with that. Clicking on the ‘Sign In’ button however only takes you to the LinkedIn app and nothing else. Returning to the Today Screen in Notification Centre still shows LinkedIn with the ‘Sign In’ button. This problem presents itself when you have updated your LinkedIn app without logging out. To resolve this issue, do the following:
- Open the LinkedIn app in iOS and sign out (located at the very bottom of the Settings Menu).
- Double-click the home button, and close the LinkedIn application by swiping up.
- Restart your iOS device (yes, seriously).
- Once your device has restarted, go to the Widget and tap on the ‘Sign In’ button.
- Enter your credentials when the LinkedIn app opens.
When you head on over to the Widget again, you should see it working. As a last note, be sure to go to Settings -> General -> Background App Refresh and ensure that it is switched on for the LinkedIn app. This will allow the LinkedIn iOS 8 Widget to keep up to date with your LinkedIn account automatically. If you don’t enable this, you might see notifications in the Widget that are a day or so old.